Weekend Road Trip
I just returned home to Houston on Sunday evening after driving 700 miles and visiting 8 new counties, plus a second visit to another. Too much to publish tonight. I visited Corsicana (Navaro County), Hillsboro (Hill County), Waxahachie (Ellis County for the second time), Cleburne (Johnson County, where I spent the night), Glen Rose (Somervell County), Granbury (Hood County), Stephenville (Erath County), Meridian (Bosque County), and Fairfield (Freestone County). All of these counties are wonderful examples of the art and architecture of Texas courthouses. It was a remarkable trip. I came back with 585 photogaphs and many delightful memories. I shall post a few photos and more information on Monday. Now, it's time to rest!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Leonard G. Lane, Jr., AIA
- Chronological Order (of my visits)
- County List (alphabetical)
- County Seat List (alphabetical)
- Texas Courthouse Blog
- James Riely Gordon, Architect
- Eugene T. Heiner, Architect
- Henry T. Phelps, Architect
- Alfred Giles, Architect
- Corneil G. Curtis, Architect
- Wesley Clark Dodson, Architect
- Lang & Witchell Architects
- Voelcker & Dixon, Architects
- Wyatt C. Hedrick, Architect
- David S. Castle, Architect
- Page Brothers, Architects
- James Edward Flanders, Architect
- Pierce, Norris, Pace & Associates, Architects & Engineers