Following my 15 county road trip last week, I've been selecting and editing photos for the "banner" atop each county webpage. It's often a challenge to find a photo that fits the very wide banner format and can be presented in an abstract composition. Here are the 15 photos I've prepared for the new county pages:
On Sunday, July 12, 2015 I drove from my home in Houston to Lubbock, with brief stops in Callahan County (Baird) and Nolan County (Sweetwater) to photograph the courthouses.
Monday, July 13, I visited and photographed courthouses in Hale County (Plainview), Swisher County (Tulia), Castro County (Dimmitt), Deaf Smith County (Hereford), and Randall County (Canyon).
Tuesday, July 14, I visited and photographed courthouses in Potter County (Amarillo), Armstrong County (Claude), Donley County (Clarendon), Collingsworth County (Wellington), and Childress County (Childress).
Wednesday, July 15, I visited and photographed courthouses in Hall County (Memphis), Briscoe County (Silverton), Floyd County (Floydada), Motely County (Matador), and Cottle County (Paducah). I drove through Crowell and Vernon before ending my day in Wichita Falls.
Thursday, July 16, I revisited the Wichita County courthouse and then spent time in the Wichita County archives collecting documents on the architect Herbert Voelcker before driving south on US 281 and 183 to Austin.
Needless to say, I have many images to edit and 15 new county webpages to create. More blog posts to follow...
Leonard G. Lane, Jr., AIA
- Chronological Order (of my visits)
- County List (alphabetical)
- County Seat List (alphabetical)
- Texas Courthouse Blog
- James Riely Gordon, Architect
- Eugene T. Heiner, Architect
- Henry T. Phelps, Architect
- Alfred Giles, Architect
- Corneil G. Curtis, Architect
- Wesley Clark Dodson, Architect
- Lang & Witchell Architects
- Voelcker & Dixon, Architects
- Wyatt C. Hedrick, Architect
- David S. Castle, Architect
- Page Brothers, Architects
- James Edward Flanders, Architect
- Pierce, Norris, Pace & Associates, Architects & Engineers