On the road again
October has been a very busy month. I've visited and photographed 10 county seats and re-visited a few more. New counties included Refugio, San Patricio, Kleberg, Kenedy, Nueces, Aransas, Calhoun, Webb, Zapata, and Jim Hogg. I also re-visited Jackson, LaSalle, and Live Oak counties.
Most importantly, on October 27 I reached the halfway point of my journey: county seat number 127! The honor goes to Laredo, seat of Webb County. Thankfully, Webb County has preserved its beautiful 1909 courthouse and erected additional county buildings as need for new space arises, rather than demolishing the "old" courthouse to make way for a "new" building. I received a warm welcome at the historic courthouse and a personal, guided tour of the building.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Leonard G. Lane, Jr., AIA
- Chronological Order (of my visits)
- County List (alphabetical)
- County Seat List (alphabetical)
- Texas Courthouse Blog
- James Riely Gordon, Architect
- Eugene T. Heiner, Architect
- Henry T. Phelps, Architect
- Alfred Giles, Architect
- Corneil G. Curtis, Architect
- Wesley Clark Dodson, Architect
- Lang & Witchell Architects
- Voelcker & Dixon, Architects
- Wyatt C. Hedrick, Architect
- David S. Castle, Architect
- Page Brothers, Architects
- James Edward Flanders, Architect
- Pierce, Norris, Pace & Associates, Architects & Engineers